November is National Sigma Delta Pi Charter Month!
2017 Winner: Delta Chi, Montclair State University
2013 Winner: Eta Upsilon, Illinois State University
Charter Month commemorates Sigma Delta Pi’s founding on November 14, 1919 at the University of California, Berkeley by undergraduate student Ruth Helen Barnes.
Ruth H. Barnes,
Sigma Delta Pi’s Founder
Please plan now to highlight your chapter and its activities during the month of November. This is also a wonderful opportunity to locate and display your chapter’s charter!
Why not plan an initiation ceremony to celebrate Sigma Delta Pi’s National Charter Month in November?!?! An induction of new members can be held any time of year, and many chapters hold multiple initiations annually (once received, all orders are processed within 24 hours).
And don’t forget our 6h annual Facebook Birthday Cake Picture Competition to celebrate National Charter Month and Sigma Delta Pi’s 99th birthday. To enter:
1) During the month of November, chapters are invited to e-mail a picture of their unique Sigma Delta Pi b-day cakes to firstname.lastname@example.org:
2) The pictured cake must include a reference, etched in icing on the cake, to Sigma Delta Pi’s 99th b-day.
3) It must be an actual cake that displays the Sigma Delta Pi logo.
4) Student members must contribute to the design of the cake.
5) for the accompanying “description,” include in the text of the e-mail the name of the originating chapter and institution. For example: “Delta Chi, Montclair State University.”
We will post each entry to our national Sigma Delta Pi Facebook page: www.facebook.com/sigmadeltapi. Chapters must NOT post their pictures directly to this page or they will be disqualified; pictures must be e-mailed as specified above to email@example.com.
The winning picture will be featured during the entire month of December at Sigma Delta Pi’s FB page, and the winning chapter will receive an award certificate. Cakes will be judged on artistic merit, originality and compliance with submission rules noted above. The winning chapter will receive a $100 credit that may be applied to future orders placed with the national office.