The Premio Albatros is a $1,500 subvention that may be granted yearly for one Sigma Delta Pi chapter adviser whose manuscript is accepted and published by Albatros Ediciones.
- A Sigma Delta Pi chapter adviser who is a faculty member of Spanish and who has conducted at least one initiation ceremony of new Sigma Delta Pi members within the past two years prior to the submission of their manuscript proposal to Albatros Ediciones
- The candidate must be the current chapter adviser at their institution when they submit their proposal for consideration to Albatros Ediciones
- The candidate’s manuscript must be accepted for publication by Albatros Ediciones (at the time) while they are still the active Sigma Delta Pi chapter adviser at their institution
- Once their manuscript is accepted for publication by Albatros Ediciones, the candidate must send a copy of that acceptance to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this award
- The candidate whose manuscript is accepted for publication by Albatros Ediciones agrees to publish their work with Albatros Ediciones AND submits their final work to Albatros Ediciones as contractually agreed
- Submitted manuscripts should be complete and range between 300-350 pages, or approximately 125,000 words.
- Past chapter advisers
- Chapter members who are NOT active chapter advisers
- Members of Sigma Delta Pi’s national Executive Council
- Chapter advisers whose work will be published by any publisher besides Albatros Ediciones
Additional program details and conditions
- The recipient of the Premio Albatros will be selected by Sigma Delta Pi and Albatros Ediciones among all qualified candidates whose proposals 1) have been accepted for publication by Albatros Ediciones, and 2) whose acceptances have been submitted to email@example.com by the candidate no later than June 1 for the academic year in question.
- Only one Premio Albatros per academic year (July 1-June 30) may be granted with an announcement in early June.
- The $1500 subvention (which represents 50% of the total subvention required for publication after acceptance) would be issued directly to Albatros Ediciones after confirmation of receipt of the final manuscript for publication.
- Only manuscripts published with Albatros Ediciones are eligible.
- The recipient of the Premio Albatros will receive an award plaque with a press release issued to their home institution.
- The awardee must also agree to make a presentation on their manuscript in an international, virtual event co-organized by Sigma Delta Pi and Albatros Ediciones.