Estimados Consejeros Capitulares:
In response to COVID-19 and related challenges, Sigma Delta Pi announces the following:
- Induction of new members this spring term and until further notice may be done remotely with video: Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.
- Sigma Delta Pi’s national office will remain open and will receive and process orders 7 days per week, as is customary.
- The 73rd Kentucky Foreign Language Conference (April 16-18) has been cancelled, which means that Sigma Delta Pi’s 18th annual Informative Session and 3rd Annual Graduate Research Symposium are also cancelled.
- The inaugural “Día de Sigma Delta Pi”/”Sigma Delta Pi Day” will still be celebrated on May 1, 2020.
- Sigma Delta Pi’s Student Best Practices Session and History Panels at the 102nd Annual Conference of the AATSP in Puerto Rico in July are still tentatively scheduled.
- All other Sigma Delta Pi program and award nomination deadlines (see https://sigmadeltapi.org/blog/awards/) remain in effect.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. As we collectively prepare for the Coronavirus, we wish all our members and soon-to-be members a healthy, safe and productive stretch ahead.