November 2020 is Sigma Delta Pi’s 101st B-day and National Charter Month
During all of November and to commemorate Sigma Delta Pi’s National Charter Month, complimentary copies of T. Earle Hamilton’s 1995 Sigma Delta Pi: A Brief History, 1919-1994 (218 pp) and LaPrade and Del Mastro’s2005 Recounting a Decade, 1995-2004 (37 pp) will be included with each purchased, signed copy of Del Mastro’s 2020 book Sigma Delta Pi: Rediscovering Century: 1919-2019, available at Sigma Delta Pi’s national website:
If you have not yet held a fall 2020 initiation of new members, why not plan an initiation ceremony in November to celebrate Sigma Delta Pi’s 101st B-day and National Charter Month? Remember that guidelines for remote (ZOOM) ceremonies are available at:
Recital Virtual de Poesía
Mark your calendars for Saturday, November 14 from 4-5:00pm (EST) for Sigma Delta Pi’s inaugural national poetry recital via ZOOM to honor Sigma Delta Pi’s 101st Birthday. Recite a poem in Spanish, or simply attend!
If you wish to recite a poem, please note the following:
- Poems may be original (authored by submitter) or by someone else, and must be in Spanish; no poem may exceed 2 minutes when recited (reading is acceptable).
- Initial restriction of 2 poems per chapter (not 2 poems per member, but 1 poem per student member); participants must be Sigma Delta P members and active members of the Society.
- Preference given to our student members of the Society.
- Those planning to recite a poem must send it via e-mail as a specific request to email@example.com by November 6. E-mail must include student’s complete name, home chapter, a copy of the poem, and identification of the poem’s author.
- All Sigma Delta Pi members are invited to attend, but only those with submitted and accepted poems may recite.
- Depending upon the number of submissions, the rules above may be modified to ensure robust participation (e.g., a chapter could have more than 2 persons reciting, and chapter advisers may recite depending upon).
- All questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zoom details will be sent to all the week of 11/9