November 2021 is Sigma Delta Pi’s 102nd B-day and National Charter Month
During all of November and to commemorate Sigma Delta Pi’s National Charter Month,
complimentary copies of T. Earle Hamilton’s 1995 Sigma Delta Pi: A Brief History, 1919-1994 (218 pp) and
LaPrade and Del Mastro’s2005 Recounting a Decade, 1995-2004 (37 pp)
will be included with each purchased, signed copy of Del Mastro’s 2020 book Sigma Delta Pi: Rediscovering a Century: 1919-2019, available at Sigma Delta Pi’s national website:
How is your chapter commemorating Sigma Delta Pi’s 102nd birthday in November?
Why not locate and display your chapter’s charter?:
If you have not yet held a fall 2021 initiation of new members,
why not plan an initiation ceremony in November to celebrate Sigma Delta Pi’s 102nd B-day and National Charter Month? Remember that guidelines for remote (ZOOM) ceremonies are available at:
Mark your calendars for Sunday, November 14 at 4:00pm for a national student-focused session “Tertulia de ideas de Sigma Delta Pi” that will be directed by our Board of Student Advisers via ZOOM to honor Sigma Delta Pi’s 102nd Birthday. Details forthcoming for free registration and participation.
8th annual Birthday Cake Picture Competition
to celebrate Sigma Delta Pi’s 102nd birthday. To enter:
1) During this month of November, chapters are invited to e-mail a picture of their unique Sigma Delta Pi b-day cakes to firstname.lastname@example.org:
2) The pictured cake must include a reference, etched in icing on the cake, to Sigma Delta Pi’s 102nd b-day.
3) It must be an actual cake that displays the Sigma Delta Pi logo.
4) Student members must contribute to the design of the cake.
5) For the accompanying “description,” include in the text of the e-mail the name of the originating chapter and institution. For example: “Eta Upsilon, Illinois State University.”
Each entry will be posted to our national Sigma Delta Pi Facebook page: www.facebook.com/sigmadeltapi. Pictures posted directly to this page will be disqualified; pictures must be e-mailed as specified above to email@example.com.
The winning picture will be featured during the entire month of December at Sigma Delta Pi’s FB page, and the winning chapter will receive an award plaque. Cakes will be judged on artistic merit, originality and compliance with submission rules noted above. The winning chapter will receive a $100 credit that may be applied to future orders placed for memberships and other materials offered directly by the national office.