November 2019 is Sigma Delta Pi’s 100th B-day and
National Sigma Delta Pi Charter Month!
This year’s Charter Month commemorates Sigma Delta Pi’s centennial:
Founded on November 14, 1919 at the University of California, Berkeley by undergraduate student Ruth Helen Barnes.
Ruth H. Barnes,
Sigma Delta Pi’s Founder
How is your chapter commemorating Sigma Delta Pi’s 100th birthday this month?
November is a great opportunity to locate and display your chapter’s charter!
There’s still time to hold an initiation ceremony this month to celebrate Sigma Delta Pi’s 100th B-day and National Charter Month. An induction of new members can be held any time of year, and many chapters hold multiple initiations annually (once received, all orders are processed within 24 hours).
The focal event for National Chart Month is our 7th annual Facebook Birthday Cake Picture Competition to celebrate Sigma Delta Pi’s 100th birthday. To enter:
1) During the month of November, chapters are invited to e-mail a picture of their unique Sigma Delta Pi b-day cakes to email@example.com:
2) The pictured cake must include a reference, etched in icing on the cake, to Sigma Delta Pi’s 100th b-day.
3) It must be an actual cake that displays the Sigma Delta Pi logo.
4) Student members must contribute to the design of the cake.
5) for the accompanying “description,” include in the text of the e-mail the name of the originating chapter and institution. For example: “Eta Upsilon, Illinois State University.”
We will post each entry to our national Sigma Delta Pi Facebook page: www.facebook.com/sigmadeltapi. Chapters must NOT post their pictures directly to this page or they will be disqualified; pictures must be e-mailed as specified above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winning picture will be featured during the entire month of December at Sigma Delta Pi’s FB page, and the winning chapter will receive an award certificate. Cakes will be judged on artistic merit, originality and compliance with submission rules noted above. The winning chapter will receive a $100 credit that may be applied to future orders placed for memberships and other materials offered directly by the national office.