Last academic year during the ongoing global pandemic, Sigma Delta Pi’s chapters demonstrated great resiliency through remote initiations of new members and various creative activities of engagement. Although we are not yet back to the “normal” campus environment we had anticipated, we do know how to keep Sigma Delta Pi alive and active at our respective institutions and despite present circumstances. As you plan for your chapter’s activities in the 2021-22 academic year, please remember these important resources and opportunities:
- Guidance for planning remote activities: https://sigmadeltapi.org/sigma-delta-pi-and-shle-policy-for-remote-events/.
- General resources for advisers (including Zoom backgrounds for live virtual events):https://sigmadeltapi.org/chapter-resources/
- National calendar of activities for AY 2021-22: https://sigmadeltapi.org/sigma-delta-pi-calendar/
- Ritual for initiation ceremonies (password: 1919): https://sigmadeltapi.org/chapter-resources/online-ritual-contact-executive-director-for-password/
- Chapter Handbook (guide for advisers, student officers and members): https://sigmadeltapisite.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/sigmadeltapichapterhandbook3rdedition.pdf
- National by-laws: https://sigmadeltapi.org/chapter-resources/national-by-laws/
- Information on scholarships, awards and recognitions: https://sigmadeltapi.org/blog/awards/
- Resources for advisers: https://sigmadeltapi.org/chapter-resources/
Wishing all our chapters a successful and productive academic year, and as always, please e-mail us with any unanswered questions at email@example.com.